Special Christmas Message from Mayor Kaylan White
Posted on Thursday December 24, 2020 at 04:35PM
Well, another trip around the sun has almost been completed and what a year it has been! Though we have had many trials and tribulations to deal with this year we have also accomplished many projects and milestones! I am very proud of the work that all our Village Staff and Council have been able to complete in these challenging times. I would like to reflect on what has been done this year:
• Completed the Strategic Planning for the next 5 years (who could have predicted COVID 19 though?!).
• Other than my Birthday nothing overly exciting to report.
• Installed 3 new security cameras, with a total camera count of 9;
• We had our Public Works Foreman - Max McMillan - leave us due to personal reasons. We appreciated the work ethic and dedication he brought every day to our community.
• We were saddened to have one of our Councillors - Councillor Herbert step down due to personal reasons. A very respected and hard-working individual who is missed on Council;
• We also welcomed our new Public Works Foreman, Darcey Dallyn, to the Village staff team!
• The delivery of our new Wild-land Range Truck Edge 4! Thank you to the MD of Wainwright for helping with the costs of this new equipment.
• Lot Sale Incentive implemented - $1 lots for sale!!
• Community Clean up Initiative - for 2 weeks had an all-you-can-throw-at-it dumpster available for residents;
• Offered COVID-19 friendly municipal utility and municipal taxations programs;
• Awarded the second annual Village of Edgerton Community Leadership Scholarship;
• Held a parade for the Grads and placed banners for display at the campground.
• Completed the Edgerton Arena Energy Efficiency program - New LED lights to reduce energy costs!
• Enjoyed the hard work of our summer students, Zane LaPierre and Grady Tipler;
• MCSnet fiber installed to their tower - Installed free Wi-Fi to the Arena and Curling Rink.
• Enjoyed Summer!
• Sold the 5020 54 Ave house, which will be moved in 2021;
• Water and Waste water review and planning;
• Staycation Mystery Tour ;
• Completed the Municipal Accountability Program (Scored very high due to the incredible work done by our Village Staff!).
• Water Main Valve repair program postponed to spring 2021, due to weather;
• 50th Street resurfacing program postponed to spring 2021, due to weather;
• Community Surveys sent out - 30 received for planning for the future.
• New Mayor! Thank you for the support of the Council to entrust me to lead this year and thank you to outgoing Mayor Wendy Belik for her dedication and leadership;
• Edgerton Public School won the annual FoodDrive competition with Paradise Valley’s E.H. Walter School
• New SCBA’s for the Fire Dept, thank you to the MD of Wainwright for helping with the costs!
• Donation to the School of $1000 due to cancellation of the Village Christmas Party;
• Throwback Thursday started again.
• M.O.S.T. COVID funding sent out to community organizations, clubs, and groups;
• Ag Society and Sports Association Merger, postponed to the New Year;
• Exciting new non-residential tax incentive program, to be effective January 2021;
• WON the ICE Villages Christmas Lights Competition, as judged by the Battle River Lodge Residents!!
There were many more activities, bylaws, policies, and projects that were begun or completed throughout the year that are too numerous to mention.
As this year rolls to an end, we look forward to a New Year full of new hope and less restrictions and where we can be with friends and family to celebrate again all of life’s adventures. I wish you all a safe and a very Merry Christmas!
From your devoted Mayor, Council, and Village Staff.
Author: Village of Edgerton
Thank you for the summary of the past year. It is commendable when you see all of the accomplishments listed. Also I found I learned information which I was not aware of previously. We appreciate all the work of staff and council.
Posted on Friday December 25, 2020 at 09:27AM by